ACADEMIC MASTER PLAN
ACADEMIC MASTER PLAN 2.0
ESPM’s four competencies
ESPM is a higher education institution that is part of the life story of many people, including leaders and significant figures in the current job market. ESPM recognizes that the university period is only a brief moment in the life trajectory of its students, but that it is usually remembered with importance, as it represents a major turning point in their life stories. In many cases, the university transformed the youth into adult life, which enabled them to enter the job market and to deal with the chores of a profession.
The dynamics that ESPM proposes today are not only aimed at technical and professional training, but also a preparation for life. The School seeks to develop, in students, skills that help them in different situations of their daily lives, and that remain useful if, for personal or external reasons, they want or need to reinvent themselves. These are skills that, in addition to being useful for dealing with a world in constant transformation, help students to be themselves an agent of transformation.
It was thinking about the formation of such essential characteristics that, in 2013, ESPM launched the ACADEMIC MASTER PLAN and from it developed the so-called egress competencies. In 2020, the ACADEMIC MASTER PLAN evolved to version 2.0, and the organization of the graduate’s competencies evolved as well.
After a delicate work, we presented to the entire academic community of ESPM the four competencies that we aim to develop in our students:
- Ability to reflect on their actions, to understand their values, to identify strengths and limitations, and to find their purpose.
- Ability to learn continuously and make knowledge meaningful. It involves self-perception regarding the way the students learn and what motivates them to learn.
- Ability to identify problems, develop, and propose innovative solutions, presenting them clearly to the other.
- Ability to propose innovations and implement them, managing to measure risks, operate in a network, and adapt to different contexts, with resilience and persistence.
- Ability to become familiar with the most current technological resources, understanding their operation, and using them to solve problems.
Ethics and responsibility
- Ability to respect society’s ethical standards and to understand the impacts of one’s decisions when commits to carrying out a particular activity.
- Ability to deal with others based on the practice of empathy and respect for the diversity of thoughts. It also refers to the ability to work in a team and to lead.
ESPM only achieved the prominence and quality it has thanks to the collective and simultaneous work of all. These four competencies represent a common goal for ESPM and a commitment to students. Each one of us, through activities towards the institution, contributes so that way our students can develop these competencies during their trajectory with us.